You dream it – We’ll build it.
Click Here for more details
Safety And Health Policy
VALUE STAR established and insists upon safe work practices by all employees at all times. All supervisors must make employee safety an integral part of his or her management duties. Each employee must accept and follow all established safety, loss control and risk management regulations and procedures. Safety and health in our company is every employee’s responsibility at all levels. We maintain a safety and health program conforming to the best practices of organizations of this type.
A program is done to develop the proper attitudes toward injury and illness prevention on the part of supervisors and employees. Complete cooperation in all safety and health matters, not only between supervisors and employees, but also between employees and their co-workers. The safety and health of every employee is a high priority. Management accepts responsibility for providing a safe working environment and employees are expected to take responsibility for performing work in accordance with safe standards and practices. Safety and health program is teamwork. Everyone must join together in promoting safety and health and taking every reasonable measure to assure safe working conditions in the company.
This Company believes that safety starts with proper training!
- We will provide training to all of our employees!
- Employees must help to prevent accidents!
- Housekeeping is everyone’s responsibility!
- Unsafe conditions must be reported immediately to management! If an employee is not sure of how to perform a task safely, he or she should ask a qualified person for guidance or help. If someone needs help to perform a task safely we will provide assistance.
Safety is a team effort! Every injury must be reported immediately. Even a slight cut or strain injury must be reported immediately. Accidents and injuries must be reported to your supervisor, management or safety officer immediately. “IMMEDIATELY” MEANS WHEN THE ACCIDENT OR INJURY OCCURS.
Never leave the job site or clock out before reporting the accident or injury. Serious injuries that require emergency medical care must be reported to management immediately after emergency care has been provided.
- All accidents will be thoroughly investigated!
- Employees must cooperate with management during any accident or injury investigation
In addition to preparing a health and safety policy like the one above, Program elements may include all of the following:
- Worker training (e.g., new workers, WHMIS, new job procedures)
- Workplace inspections and hazard analysis.
- Analysis of the accidents and illnesses occurring at the workplace
- A health and safety budget
- A formal means of communication to address promptly the concerns of workers
- Confined space entry procedure
- Lock out procedure
- Machine guarding
- Material handling practices and procedures
- Maintenance and repairs
- Protective equipment
- Emergency procedures
- First aid and rescue procedures
- Electrical safety
- Fire prevention
- Engineering controls (e.g., ventilation)